DANCE BILLING & CANCELLATIONS
The majority of our classes are scheduled for 9 months beginning in September and ending with our final performance in May. Tuition for these classes is from September thru May. Tuition is not prorated based upon the number of classes taken or registering late. Periodically, workshops will be offered (as noted on the class details) for which payment in full is due at registration.
TUITION PAYMENT OPTIONS
1. Payment in full for the entire year
- Family Discount – A one-time discount of $15 is given per family if this option is chosen. All registered classes must be paid in full to be eligible for this discount.
- At Registration – Tuition portion for ALL classes is paid at registration with any applicable fees.
- October 31, 2022 – $30 costume deposit per class per performance, and applicable fees.
- January 30, 2023 – Any remaining fees and remaining costume balance.
2. Payment is divided into 3 equal installments as detailed below. Payment due dates for classes that run the entire season from September thru May are:
- At Registration – first payment of tuition and any applicable fees.
- October 31, 2022 – second payment of tuition, $30 costume deposit per class per performance, and applicable fees.
- January 30, 2023 – FINAL payment of tuition, remaining costume balance, and applicable fees.
Invoices will be mailed about two weeks prior to the payment due date.
COSTUME DEPOSIT AND FEES
Please note, costume deposits and costume fees are only collected for those classes that require a costume to be ordered. In some cases, students may be asked to provide their own costume in which instance that class will show as “Class Only” on the invoice and no costume fee will be charged. As noted, the November invoice is a costume deposit only for each performance with the balance of each costume due in February. Some dance students also perform in December and will either need to purchase a costume or t-shirt for this performance. Accessories are the responsibility of the student.
HOW TO PAY
1. In person during normal business hours. We accept cash, check or credit cards (VISA, MasterCard, or Discover).
2. Over the phone with a credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or Discover).
3. Using on line bill pay from your bank or credit union:
- Be sure to include your Family ID as your Account Number if you choose this method of payment
- Make checks payable to: Mt Zion Performing Arts
- Send all checks to: 4900 Maybee Rd, Clarkston MI 48348
4. Using our eMail address (tuition@mtzionPA.com) from your bank or credit union:
- Be sure to include your Family ID as your Account Number if you choose this method of payment. Your Family ID can be found on your invoice above your name.
- Send all payments to: tuition@mtzionPA.com
- Log into your on line bank account: Go to ‘send money via eMail’ or ‘send money using Zelle’.
CLASSES SCHEDULED FROM SEPT – MAY (I.E., 9 MONTHS)
Once registered, we are counting on your student to be a part of the program. This is critical as much work has been done selecting songs and costumes along with developing recital choreography with your child in mind. As such, we ask that you do not ‘drop’ a class unless no other alternative is available. That being said, we do recognize that circumstances come up that require your student to drop a class.
In order to drop a class, please complete a Drop/Add Form as soon as you are aware of the need to leave the class. This is critical because costumes are ordered as early as November and many plans are made based upon your student being in the class. Once the form is received, refunds will be given based upon the following schedule:
- Sept 19th through Sep 30th cancellations: 10% of full year tuition is required to be paid.
- Oct 1st through Oct 30th cancellations: 35% of full year tuition is required to be paid, plus first costume payment ($30 per class per performance)
- Oct 31st through Nov 18th cancellations: 50% of full year tuition is required be paid, plus first costume payment ($30 per class per performance).
- Nov 19th through Jan 29th cancellations: 75% of full year tuition is required be paid, plus full costume payment.
- Jan 30th through the end of the season: No tuition or costume refunds will be given.
Please note, depending on the timing of the cancellation, costumes may be held by the school for use by an understudy. Once registered, late registrations will follow the same schedule as noted above. Unless specifically requested, refund checks are processed and issued in June upon completion of our season. Click Here for Drop/Add Form.
WORKSHOPS AND PRIVATE LESSONS
In order for us to offer our workshops a minimal enrollment is required. As such, once registered, workshops are non-refundable. Likewise, private lessons require advance scheduling and a special commitment by our teachers. As such, once scheduled and registration is received, private lessons are non-refundable.
CLASS AND OTHER ONE-TIME FEES
Registration and other one-time fees including, but not limited to, class fees are non-refundable.
Mt. Zion Performing Arts is a non-profit organization owned and operated by Mt. Zion church. As a non-profit, we rely on your prompt payment in order for us to pay our staff and purchase costumes for your students. Costumes are ordered and paid for as early as November in order to receive them on time for pictures and recital. So, although it is not our preference, the following fees will be assessed:
- Late Fee: A 5% fee will be added to all accounts with a past due balance. The minimum fee applied will be $5.
- Bounced Check Fee: A $36 bank fee will be applied for all checks returned for non-sufficient funds.
PERFORMING ARTS NEWS
Sign-up to receive our e-newsletter and stay up-to-date with our latest news and events happening at Mt Zion Performing Arts!