DANCE COMPANY SCHEDULE (SEPT-MAY)
COMPANY CLASSES CONSIST OF TWO PARTS
- Company Class: this is the class where company members are taught their choreography for the specific routines that will be performed at competition. Each Company Class (i.e., routine) consists of a certain style of dance such as hip hop, lyrical, contemporary, jazz, etc…
- Technique Class: due to the limited amount time available in the company class to learn the required choreography and prepare for competition, each Company Member is also expected to register for certain technique classes. Each routine will have at least one required technique class and many will have two. In addition to the required technique classes, other classes are encouraged based on the style of dance for each routine.
In order to prepare for competition, extra rehearsals will be scheduled throughout the fall season. These rehearsals are mandatory and attendance at these rehearsals is tracked against your commitment fee. Rehearsals will be scheduled during the following weeks:
- Aug 29 thru Sept 16, 2022
- Nov 21 and 22, 2022 – Details Pending
- Feb 27, 2023 or Mar 6, 2023 Competition Dress Rehearsal – Details Pending
Rehearsal days and times are determined based on the need of each company team/routine and so the final schedule for each session will be posted shortly before each session. If highlighted and underlined, click on the above link for schedule details.
Company Members are expected to participate in and attend all extra rehearsals. Extra rehearsals are included in the Company attendance requirements and part of the Contract Commitment Deposit.
Subscribe to our Calendar at the bottom of the Calendar View page.
In order to prepare each Company Member for competition, there is a mandatory In-House Convention scheduled the second Saturday in February from 9am to approximately 6pm. The morning begins with an hour and a half master class for each company member. This master class gives each student the opportunity to learn choreography, skill, style, and technique from a guest teacher/judge.
There will be a 30 minute break for lunch and then company members will perform their dances in full costume with full stage props for a panel of judges. Immediately following their performance, company members will receive critiques from the judges and be given the opportunity to implement changes/corrections on the spot. In past years, we have found this event to be extremely beneficial for both the students and company staff. The end result is that we go to our first competition more prepared and confident in costuming, style, technique, and staging.
Payment and registration for this event is included on your invoice and is collected with the November billing. Please note participation/attendance at this event is part of the company commitment fee. Parents and family members are welcome to attend.
PERFORMING ARTS NEWS
Sign-up to receive our e-newsletter and stay up-to-date with our latest news and events happening at Mt Zion Performing Arts!