DANCE COMPANY ACCEPTANCE & COMMITMENT
Two meeting times have been scheduled for our parents on Tuesday, July 12, 2022 OR Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 6:30pm (both meetings are identical and you only need to attend one of the two sessions). Company families will receive detailed information on the coming season at these meetings. Each Company Member must provide a signed contract stating that they understand the expectations and requirements of being part of Mt. Zion’s Dance Company. The contract, signed by both the student and the parent, is to be turned in to the studio along with measurements/costume sizing and their $125 ‘refundable’ commitment fee no later than July 22, 2022. As an alternative, you may also click this link to accept your invitation on line and upload a copy of your contract. The $125 commitment fee will be refunded if all company attendance requirements are met as detailed below.
1. Summer Classes – summer classes are mandatory and exact dates will be announced during the Fall of the prior season for each subsequent season. Dance Camp is mandatory for all Company Members. Click here for details.
2. September Choreography Workshops – Choreography workshops held the the last week of August and the first two weeks of September are mandatory. 2022 Workshops will be held August 29th thru Sept 17th (Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Friday). The exact schedule will be available mid-August.
3. September thru May
- All absences MUST be excused.
- An excused absence is an absence provided in advance either in writing or phoned in at the desk.
- If a student is running late, ill, or is going to be missing class the front desk MUST be contacted.
- Please do not take excused absences for granted. If a student does not need to miss, DON’T!
- No unexcused absences will be allowed. If a student or parent does not make the front desk aware of a ‘same day’ absence or any absence, the company member will be evaluated and the company commitment fee will not be refunded the following June.
- Company Routines (regularly scheduled classes and extra rehearsals).
- 5 excused absences will be allowed from each routine.
- 3 tardies equals an absence.
- Technique Classes (i.e., non-company, required classes).
- 6 excused absences will be allowed from each required technique class.
- 4 tardies equals an absence.
4. Performance Participation Requirements
- Students must meet all performance requirements.
- Dress rehearsal participation is mandatory to perform in an upcoming event. If a Company Member does not attend a dress rehearsal, they will not be able to perform in the subsequent event.
- Students must be in class the week prior to a scheduled competition/performance in order to perform in the subsequent event.
COMPANY MEMBER EXPECTATIONS
Mt. Zion’s Dance Company is designed to not only provide training in dance but also instill excellence in character. As such, company members are expected to conform to the following norms:
- Treat others with respect starting with other company members and teachers.
- No drinking of alcohol and no smoking of any kind.
- No swearing in class, in or around the studio, or at any of the venues.
- No gossiping or attitude problems.
- The studio will be checking Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media for any inappropriate language or content.
- Teamwork, hard work, and good character are fundamental expectations in order to be part of the company.
IN CLASS EXPECTATIONS
- Be on time for class.
- No gum chewing at any time.
- No food (outside of a snack or water) is allowed in the classroom.
- No talking in class.
- No talking back or arguing with the instructor.
- Treat the classroom as if you were on stage.
PERFORMING ARTS NEWS
Sign-up to receive our e-newsletter and stay up-to-date with our latest news and events happening at Mt Zion Performing Arts!